Saturday, July 23

Jump!

Okay.

                                                  *Picture this*

           There's a waterfall.
 35 feet tall with thousands of gallons of rushing water going over the edge every second.
           There's a ledge.
 It's right next to the waterfall. Slick and smooth.

            There's me.
Me and my impulsive self.

             People are too chicken to jump. They're scared the water would be too cold. They're scared of the drop. They're scared there might be rocks at the bottom.

             I think to myself, why not? 
                                             Que pasa no?

Before I know it, I'm volunteering to jump.

                                            
             I splash through some freezing water to get to the ledge. Danny tries to tell me something, but I can't really hear him over the rushing water.
                "What?!" I call out. He repeats what he said before, and I just barely make out a muffled "jump far".
                 I look over the edge. The fact that my glasses were off made the jump seem even farther down. I take a step back, then push myself forward and leap into the air.

           Just as i jumped, I heard one of Danny's friends yell, "No wait, no no no!!!", but it was too late.

                   I felt the rush of the fall, the adrenaline, and I couldn't help but let out a small yell as I tumbled downward through space.

                  Then I hit the water.

                 The shock of the cold almost made me loose my breath, and I scratched for the surface of the water. I blasted through the transparent covering and sucked in a deep breath of air, then waved to the people at the top of the falls to let them know I was okay.
                 

                Wanna see the actual jump?
                               We got it on video.
































Okay.
               Fine.

                              I admit it.
So maybe the waterfall wasn't 35 feet and was more like 12, and maybe the yell I let out was more of a girly squeal (ya. I'm embarrassed.), and perhaps I over exaggerated a bit on the details...

               But I did get to jump off a waterfall. =)




                                           *so technically, the main fact was still true ;)

7 comments:

  1. Oh boy, this post is so funny to me. I love it. Its humor and description... and the video! you have made me smile today.

    And you responded EXACTLY to my reaction. I was expecting this HUMUNGOUS drop... and then. Yeah. The video. And then you admitted! But hey, you are much braver than I am, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (oops.
    I almost forget every time.)

    Signed,
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a slice of cheese.

    (-Anna)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHY HAVEN'T YOU POSTED AGAIN YET?? I've checked like ten times tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops.... I s'pose i thought maybe I was posting TOO much... But if you're so eager (which makes me feel wonderful inside), I promise I will write another tomorrow :)

    much love,
    Alyssa

    (ps) i love Love LOVE your comments :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! (And I'm not signing my name, since it says it at the top of the post... Hope you don't mind. I'm sure you will let me know if you do)

    And for the record, I'm glad you didn't get smashed to bits at the bottom of the waterfall :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I didnt get smashed to bits, too ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you're using an Open ID or Anonymous user, please sign your name at the end of your comment ~ Thanks! :)