Wednesday, July 20

A ride on the midnight train.

So here I am. Still on the train. We passed through Montana today, and let me tell ya, that state has a lot of hill. As in tons. I tried to pay attention to the scenery, but we must have passed through the deadest part, cuz all there was to look at was vast farmland. There were practically no trees. Nothing to decorate the countryside.

My first henna tattoo


It was kinda sad.

 Today was spent mucking about. I played with Henna (thank you Anna Carlson!), and I swear, I got the weirdest looks from people who passed by my seat.

I played with my hair and put a red and a gray wrap in - decorated with tons of beads and coins, of course. Once again – weird glances from onlookers.

I wrote 3 more pages to my never-going-to-be novel.

I journaled, worked on Miss. Sweazey’s summer reading (Romeo and Juliet. I mouthed the words as I read, and Shakespeare’s humor kept making me laugh. Guess what that got me??? If you guessed something I’ve already said, then you’re right ) ;)

Hmm… I ate dried mangos (the best food ever), beef jerky, and two apples.

Around 7:30pm, I began to get really tired. It was to be expected, considering I got the equivalent to about two hours of sleep last night. I figured, "I’ll just take a short nap. I couldn’t sleep last night, so why should that change now?"

Wrong.
I was out like a light, and when I woke up, everything was black. What time is it? I wondered, reaching for my phone.

No signal.

No signal = no time.

It’s probably around 9 or 10, I figured. I grabbed my face wash, toothbrush, and hand towel and washed up in the sink. I came back upstairs and checked my phone again.

It was dead.
Okay, fine.
I pulled out my handy-dandy laptop…
                          … and came to find that it was 12:11.

All right, I wasn’t expecting that. I plugged in my phone, then checked it for a signal. I currently had one, and it said it was actually 11:11.

Riiiggghhhtttt… Montana is an hour behind. I knew that...

I had nothing better to do, so I figured I’d share my wonderfully exciting experience of being confused with you all.

Gol. I’m suddenly starving. But I already brushed my teeth! Poopy…

12:37 (which is really 11:37) - August 20th

1 comment:

  1. I think one of the biggest gifts in life is to be able to do something that causes people to give you strange looks, and not care :) I haven't quite mastered that as of yet...

    ReplyDelete

If you're using an Open ID or Anonymous user, please sign your name at the end of your comment ~ Thanks! :)