Saturday, June 23

Wyoming...


Ohmygosh it’s gorgeous up here!!!

So this afternoon didn’t start off so well (I have 2 videos to post, but it wont work=P ). The car pretty much broke down and we didn’t get on the road until 1:30pm, which was a bit of a setback.

From the time we actually got going until about 3:30, the scenery was pretty bland. It was 98-101 degrees out, and the sun was beating down hard through our windows. The Wyoming desert stretched out for miles, with nothing but some pale green shubbery (looking dead but apparently alive and well) to add some variety to the washed-out tans of the dust and dirt.

I pulled out my book and read, praying the car would make it to our next stop before it decided to throw a fit and break down again.

Which of course didn’t happen, and the van began to overheat.

We inevidably had to pull over at a rest stop to cool off the engine and do some work. I watched from inside the car as my Grampa suited up into his new Walmart-Brand zoot suite and set to work.

Then I got out and watched him from the curb.

Then I got down on my hands and knees and watched him work underneath the car.

Finally, I got tired of watching, and I kicked off my flip-flops and climbed a nearby tree until it was time to go.

“On the road again…”

Have I ever mentioned how there is almost always a song in my head? I wonder if my grandparents have gotten annoyed with my incessant humming and singing in the back seat… My songs have ranged from Disney to Blues to Camp Fire songs to Le Meserables and back again.

Sorry. That was random.

Man, it’s hot outside!!!

Okay. Back to what I was saying earlier.
Around 3:30, I looked up from my book and happened to notice that we were no longer in the desert. Random rock formations began to be scattered about, and here and there a few trees dotted the roadside.
And then BOOM!
                We were in the mountains.

Litterally, just like that, we went from flat desert to mountainous terrain. Cliffs and rocks and wood and trees and more rocks and more cliffs and even more trees.

Everywhere.

And within 10 minutes, the temperature dropped almost 10 degrees.
             And pretty soon we were seeing snow =)

Sadly, we got through those moutains in about an hour (during which I was staring out the window absorbing every droplet of wonder I was feeling), and we are now back in the deserty areas.

WHERE IT IS STILL HOT!!!!

Ugh!

Our destination is still 2 hours away, and I just found out that I will have no internet tonight (or cell service, for that matter). I don’t really care all that much, but for all you people who are reading this and waiting for my next post(which is only like, 2) …. Sucks to be you!!

Kidding of course ;)


5:33pm,  Saturday, June 23, 2012

2 comments:

  1. Just for the record, I always have a song stuck in my head too :)

    ReplyDelete

If you're using an Open ID or Anonymous user, please sign your name at the end of your comment ~ Thanks! :)