Friday, June 22

A snippet of car trouble...

South Dakota.
 We’ve been driving nonstop for the past 8 hours now. I, of course, was asleep for about 5 of those hours. While it was a bit cold and rainy when we set off this morning, it has quickly turned into a bright, sunny, and very warm day.

–We just pulled into a teeny tiny little gas station because we were low on coolant and our engine was overheating. I think I’m gonna get out and stretch my legs a bit (and perhaps use the restroom) ;)

*** Ahh, 20 minutes later and we’re on our way again. I didn’t want to get back in the car, so I decided to take some pictures to help “share my experience” with you. Have a look-see:

A huge dandelion seed - as big as my fist!



I am not doing a duck face. The sun was in my eyes.

My grampa. Don't worry folks - he's not in despair, he's just trying to fix something under the steering wheel ;)

The source of our troubles.

"Everyone put on a happy face!!"  Haha, I love this picture =)






A while back, when we were driving down a highway, we passed by these amazing hills. The hills were literally rolling. As we sped by in our van it actually seemed like the landscape was an ocean, with waves tossing and turning in hues of light greens, faded yellows, and tawny reds.

Sadly, I didn’t get any pictures of this beautiful scenery, but I think I’ll remember it for a good long while. I keep thinking, “Gol, God must have had loads of fun designing these hills.”  I imagine Him tossing down clumps of red dirt onto the Earth, then flicking His paintbrush all over the place to create the concoction of color that I saw before me. I see Him laughing and humming while He enjoyed His work.

The mental image brings a smile to my face.

11:35am – Friday, June 22, 2012

2 comments:

If you're using an Open ID or Anonymous user, please sign your name at the end of your comment ~ Thanks! :)