Saturday, July 30

Portland state

We visited Portland State university yesterday. My cousin was kind enough to give me a tour of all the "important" places there (aka: nearby food carts, the library, the rec center, the lecture hall, a classroom or two, and the student hang-out areas).
                                      I really like it there.
     More than any other college I've visited so far, anyway (which is like, 3... so its not like I have a lot to go on... But still. It's in Portland Oregon, and that's a big bonus...).

There's gardens and parks all around, and while it's in the middle of the city, it's not all the hustle-and-bustle that's at the University of Minnesota (which I extremely dislike). It's a pretty cool building, and the campus spreads out about 5 blocks in every direction - so it's big. I can't decide if I like that or not...

While we were there, it really hit me how far away from home I would be. I wouldn't be able to just gradually ease myself into independent living - it would just be Wham!, you're on your own.

I'm really starting to consider getting my generals done, then heading out later (when i actually have a clue as to what I want to do...).

And.
I really want to check out University of Montana.

I am really starting to grasp the concept that you need to visit the campus to get a real feel of the college. Who knows? I might visit the U of Montana and absolutely hate it.
But I also might love it more than any other place I've visited yet.

It's kind of a scary thought... Like, what if I went to a college and spent all this money, and then wound up hating it? I mean, I don't think that would happen - I'm pretty good at taking what comes and making the best of it (I am not a pessimist, okay Mr. Johnson?) - but it's a nerve-racking thought.  I dont get frightened easily...


It's just that...

                            Growing up scares me.

                                                                              A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're using an Open ID or Anonymous user, please sign your name at the end of your comment ~ Thanks! :)